LD22 Suspends Monthly Meeting and Limits 1:1 Voter Contact for the moment.
To protect us all LD22 is suspending it’s 3rd Thursday of each month are suspended until further notice. The LD is working to continue to inform you and our voters through safer methods. Please check back.
Legislative District 22 was established by the Independent Redistricting Commission in April 2012 based on the 2010 census. LD22 is made up of parts of Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Sun City West and Sun City Grand.
Ours is one of thirty legislative districts in the state of Arizona. We are in Maricopa County and most of LD22 is in US Congressional District 8. Two of our far northwest precincts are in Congressional District 4.
To support working families and businesses in our district by educating voters on issues affecting our district and working to elect Democrats at the local, district, county, state and national level who will champion the people and interests of our district.
Our Core Values
- A strong and diverse economy that prioritizes investment in infrastructure and job growth
- Equal access to quality public education, including K-12 public education, career and technical education, community colleges and universities.
- Ensuring vulnerable children and families have the resources they need
- Removing obstacles to voting to support fair elections
- Eliminating discrimination of any kind and promoting ethnic, racial, cultural, gender, age, religious, disability, family status, sexual orientation and socio-economic diversity
- Affordable health care for all people regardless of employment, age, or health condition
- Protecting women’s rights to reproductive healthcare
- A livable minimum wage and equal pay for equal work
- Protecting our environment, water resources, and planet for future generations
- Humane treatment of animals
The Democratic Party stands for many issues and causes, which you can read about in the 2016 Democratic Party Platform Information.